The Letter of Motivation is used to evaluate the applicant's motivation to study in the programme “Folkloristics and Applied Heritage Studies”. We strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with the content and structure of the programme before writing the letter of motivation.
The letter (5000-7000 characters with spaces) must be written in English and address the following questions:
• Why are you applying to this Master’s programme?
• How does your educational, professional and/or other relevant background make you a suitable candidate for this programme?
• Which specialisation and/or topic(s) would you like to focus on and why?
• How do you see your future after graduation from this Master’s programme? How does this programme contribute to the achievement of your professional goals?
• Other information about you that you consider relevant in the context of this Master’s programme.
You may attach up to five files illustrating your previous work discussed in the letter of motivation (fieldwork, crafts, exhibitions organised, etc.). The files are to be uploaded via DreamApply application system.
• reasoning in describing research interests and professional goals (30%)
• fit between the applicant’s background and the content and goals of the programme (25%)
• analytical and argumentation skills (25%)
• self-expression skills (20%)